[xsd-users] XSD phoning home

Laura E Fowler Laura_E_Fowler at raytheon.com
Wed Jan 19 08:47:16 EST 2011

We have used XSD for a couple of years and it has worked very well, but
recently our IT security group was reviewing CodeSynthesis XSD and they
disapproved it because it phones home to an unknown IP address. Generally
they don't have a problem with an application phoning home when it's to a
well known address like microsoft.com, but they are concerned that when
it's to an address that they don't know. Could you please give me more
information about when it phones home and what it's collecting? If we
bought a proprietary license would it still phone home? I'm looking for
more information, so that I can encourage our IT security group to approve
it once again.

Thanks,
Laura Fowler

www.raytheon.com

This message contains information that may be confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the
addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or
any information contained in this message. If you have received this
message in error, please so advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you for your cooperation.