[xsd-users] problem with many files

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jan 19 08:51:59 EST 2011

Hi Giuseppe,

giuseppe ferrari <giuseppe500 at yahoo.it> writes:

> I use xsd.exe of codesynthesis and i generate a lot of file.

>From your previous question I see that you are using the --file-per-type
option, which is the reason why you get so many files. It is possible
that the schema you are using can only be compiled in this mode. But
if not, then you may want to remove this option.

> The problem is that files are too many and vs 2003 don't work with
> incremental linker option.
> How i can set my project for not relink all times the whole project?

If you cannot remove the --file-per-type option, then the easiest
way is to place the generated code into a DLL. See this Wiki page
for more information on how to do it:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Using_XSD_with_Microsoft_Visual_Studio