[xsd-users] problem with comiping expat cxx-parser

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Nov 6 14:06:00 EST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

[I've CC'ed xsd-users in case someone else has a similar problem in
 the future.]

Dmitry Kekelidze <dkekel at gmail.com> writes:

> I've tride the line that You said, it returned
>
> 000029e0 T XML_StopParser
>
> Also tried with XML_GetParsingStatus, and the answer was
>
> 00002b40 T XML_GetParsingStatus.

I did some googling and it appears to be a somewhat common problem.
The cause seems to be the expat.h header from an older version of
Expat (e.g., 1.95.2) lurking in /usr/include/. You probably installed
the newer version of Expat into /usr/local/ but the compiler picks
up headers from /usr/include/ before /usr/local/include/. Can you
try to add explicit -I/usr/local/include (or the path where you
installed the Expat headers) to your g++ command line and see if it
helps?