[xsd-users] problem with comiping expat cxx-parser

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Nov 6 11:26:01 EST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Kekelidze <dkekel at gmail.com> writes:

> Good day!
>
> I have such problem. I've generated xsd-code with expat parser (with option
> --xml-parser expat) and when I'm compiling it, I've got 4 errors:
>
> : undefined reference to `XML_StopParser'

I tried with expat-2.0.1 on my Debian box, in both 32 and 64-bit mode, and
everything links and works without any problems. Can you make sure that
your libexpat.so (or .a) actually has these symbols. For example, if I
run:

nm ./libexpat.so | grep XML_StopParser

On my box, I get:

000027d0 T XML_StopParser

Do you see something similar?

If this does not help, can you let me know more about your environment,
in particular: OS version, g++ version, and the configure options used
to build Expat?

Thanks