[xsd-users] Error while generating code from XSD

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Nov 15 15:49:20 EST 2007

Hi Henry,

Ngu, Henry C <Henry_C.Ngu at lamresearch.com> writes:

> E132CommonComponents-V0305-Schema.xsd:12:47: error: element name
> 'ErrorType/Extension' creates an unstable conflict when used as a
> type name

For an overview of what this error means, please see:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2007-November/001333.html

In your case, however, this is triggered by two schema files with
identical target namespaces and content:

E132CommonComponents-V0305-Schema.xsd
E134CommonComponents-V0305-Schema.xsd

Essentially, one schema redefines a type definition from the other.
I suggest that you get rid of one of them and use the other in all
of your schemas.