[xsd-users] expected element 'http://www.opengis.net/gml#_Feature'

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Nov 15 12:57:03 EST 2007

Hi Jan,

Jan Pauwels <Jan.Pauwels at graphicomp.com> writes:

> When I run the executable on the file 'hello9.xml', I get the following
> message "expected element 'http://www.opengis.net/gml#_Feature".
> Can you tell me what should be changed on the file 'hello9.xml' in order
> to run the executable ?

I am pretty sure you get this error because you haven't compiled
your schemas with the --generate-polymorphic option. GML uses
XML Schema polymorphism. In fact, the _Feature element is an
abstract root of a substitution group.

Recompiling all your schemas with --generate-polymorphic should
make it work.

For some additional information on compiling GML schemas with XSD,
see:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Schemas/GML