[xsd-users] Error "Not valid after content" on Solaris 9

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Nov 13 06:36:14 EST 2007

Hi Michael,

Forstner Michael <Michael.Forstner at cpg.de> writes:

> On Windows it works like a charm but on Solaris I get an "Not valid
> after content" exception in the XMLScanner::scanMiscellaneous()
> routine of Xerces-C.
>
> I've tried Xerces-C 2.7 and 2.8 precompiled and also 2.8 self
> compiled - always with the same result.

Can you try to run one of the examples supplied with Xerces-C++
on your XML and see if you get the same error. You can use
DOMCount which comes pre-compiled in the 2.8.0 binary package.
If you have schema validation enabled, make sure you also
enable it when running DOMCount (DOMCount -h).

If you get the same error with Xerces-C++ examples then there
is either a problem in your XML or a bug in Xerces-C++. If
you can't figure out what it is, then feel free to send me
the XML/schema files and I will take a look.

If DOMCount works fine, then I will need a small test case
as well as the XML/schema files that reproduce the problem.

Thanks,