[xsd-users] Bug: Paths not supported?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Nov 7 12:10:44 EST 2007

Hi Roger,

I've CC'ed the xsd-users mailing list to my reply so that other
can keep track of this problem.

Nell, Roger <rnell at sempratrading.com> writes:

> Yes, standard cmd.exe.
>
> C:\>xsd version
>
> CodeSynthesis XSD XML Schema to C++ compiler 3.0.0
>
> I use a batch file to run xsd: xsd-compile.bat, containing:
>
> xsd cxx-tree --namespace-map
> "http://sempra/docs/sif/2.0/CheckStatus.xsd=CheckStatusXsd"
> --generate-doxygen --generate-ostream --generate-serialization
> --hxx-suffix .h --cxx-suffix .cpp %1
>
> I get the 'terminated in an unusual way' error if I call it like this:
>
> cd \projects\StorageModel\StorageModelService
>
> xsd-compile c:\projects\StorageModel\StorageModelService\CheckStatus.xsd
>
> And this works:
>
> xsd-compile CheckStatus.xsd

I tried this on 64 bit Windows Server 2003 and it works fine. So I
will need your help in narrowing this down. Is there anything special
in CheckStatus.xsd? For example, does it contain any import or include
declarations? When you compile it using the file name only, are there
any errors?

Also what happens if you don't use the .bat file and instead type the
command line with the absolute schema path directly into the command
prompt? Is there any difference if you remove all the options from the
command line?

Can someone else with a 64 bit WinXP Pro/SP2 box give it a try and see
if you can reproduce this problem?

Thanks,