[xsd-users] Assertion when parsing multiple files with keep_dom, dont_initialize

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Apr 11 17:45:40 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

Mark Kinzie <mark.kinzie at jhuapl.edu> writes:

>        auto_ptr<TypeB> b(
>            typeB(
>                uri, xml_schema::flags::keep_dom |
> xml_schema::flags::dont_initialize
>            ));
>
>       // Then I access elements of b, but before I can even get to the
> point of calling _node(),
>       // I get the above assertion when trying to access an element
> within b.

Hm, this is interesting. The assertion is in the clone() function for
an internal type that stores the DOM association data. The strange part
is that clone() is called when you are accessing the data, in which case
no copying should happen (unless you are making a copy of a sub-tree, of
course). Can you should how you access the elements in b?

Does anything change if you comment out the code that deals with 'a'?
Also, if you could come up with a test case that reproduces this problem,
then that would great. I could then try to debug it.

thanks,