[xsd-users] Assertion when parsing multiple files with keep_dom, dont_initialize

Mark Kinzie mark.kinzie at jhuapl.edu
Wed Apr 11 17:26:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm getting:

    "Assertion failed: c != 0, file
c:\source\visualstudio\oasis\simitar\lib\xsd\include\xsd\cxx\tree\elements.hxx,
line 473"

The circumstances are:

I'm calling

        XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();

        auto_ptr<TypeA> a(
            typeA(
                uri, xml_schema::flags::keep_dom |
xml_schema::flags::dont_initialize
        ));

       // Then, accessing elements within a and calling _node() to get a
DOMNode from within a, then...

        auto_ptr<TypeB> b(
            typeB(
                uri, xml_schema::flags::keep_dom |
xml_schema::flags::dont_initialize
            ));

       // Then I access elements of b, but before I can even get to the
point of calling _node(),
       // I get the above assertion when trying to access an element
within b.

If I remove the keep_dom and dont_initialize flags on the second call,
everything works OK, except of course that when I call _node() I get null.
Am I doing this improperly?

Thanks,
Mark