[xsd-users] Re: Building examples on Linux

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 1 05:53:36 EDT 2006

Hi Jason,

Jason Wang <jwang at saic-asd.com> writes:

> one more question.  I have a set of xml schema files and some of them
> are common xml files used by a few others.  Is there a issue with xsd?
> or will duplicated c++ classes being generated or name collisions?

Not at all. XSD supports separate compilation of schemas. You are most
likely using XML Schema include or import facility to connect your
schemas. XSD maps them to #include directives. You will simply need
to compile each schema separately and compile and link the resulting
C++ source files into your application.

> any document on that?

Sure. This is described in detail in the "Mapping for import and include"
section[1] of the "C++/Tree Mapping User Manual"[2].

[1] http://codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/manual/#2.3
[2] http://codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/manual