[xsde-users] Regarding xsde error "expected element not encountered"

manjunatha srinivasan manjunathan.n at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:00:46 EDT 2021

Hi

I am facing error as  below :

I am new to XSDe kind of coding development.  With my existing setup of my
project which has schema '*.xsd' files can generate cpp and h files for
parser and serializer using xsde binary. I made changes in the schema file
for adding an element called * '**listdata' *based on the list (sequence)
of data type* 'listdatatype'*. This element 'listdata' is an element under
'mydata' element.  Same time the 'mydata' element contains other elements
like data1/data2.  With addition of 'listdata' to 'mydata' as an element, I
again re-generated h and cpp parser/serializer files. By referring sample
changes (i.e. cpp & h  files) of  existing  working of list entity and data
entity in separate conditions, here I merged together, so aim is it will
return both data1/data2 and listdata together in serializer. But facing
below error with changes as said before.

*error: expected element not encountered*

My question is how to debug these kinds of errors, to exactly point to the
file/line or element name which is causing the error.  Can we generate log
while parsing and serializing.  I am testing this linux environment.
Please help me out for better debugging.

Here I have provided sample schema changes as below in common.xsd
/reply.xsd files:

--common.xsd---
<xsd:complexType  name=*"listdatatype"*>
                <xsd:sequence>
                        <xsd:element name="listmember1" type="xsd:string">
                                <xsd:annotation>
                                        <xsd:documentation
xml:lang="en"><intro>listmember1</intro></xsd:documentation>
                                </xsd:annotation>
                        </xsd:element>
                        <xsd:element name="listmember2" type="xsd:string">
                                <xsd:annotation>
                                        <xsd:documentation
xml:lang="en"><intro>listmember2</intro></xsd:documentation>
                                </xsd:annotation>
                        </xsd:element>
                        <xsd:element name="listmember3" type="xsd:string">
                                <xsd:annotation>
                                        <xsd:documentation
xml:lang="en"><intro>listmember3</intro></xsd:documentation>
                                </xsd:annotation>
                        </xsd:element>
            </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>
------reply.xsd----

  <xsd:element name=*"mydata"*>
                                <xsd:annotation>
                        <xsd:documentation
xml:lang="en"><intro>mydata</intro><errorCodes><code
name="fail1"/></errorCodes></xsd:documentation>
                                </xsd:annotation>
                                <xsd:complexType>
                                        <xsd:sequence>
                                                <xsd:element name="data1"
type="xsd:string">
                                                        <xsd:annotation>

<xsd:documentation xml:lang="en"><intro>data1</intro></xsd:documentation>
                                                        </xsd:annotation>
                                                </xsd:element>
                                            <xsd:element name="data2"
type="xsd:string">
                                                        <xsd:annotation>

<xsd:documentation xml:lang="en"><intro>data2</intro></xsd:documentation>
                                                        </xsd:annotation>
                                                </xsd:element>
                                                <xsd:element name=
*"listdata"*>
                                                        <xsd:complexType>

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="mylist">

    <xsd:complexType>

            <xsd:sequence>

                    <xsd:element name="aboutlist" type="*mt:listdatatype*"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">

                            <xsd:annotation>

                                    <xsd:documentation
xml:lang="en"><intro>details</intro></xsd:documentation>

                            </xsd:annotation>

                    </xsd:element>

            </xsd:sequence>

    </xsd:complexType>