[xsde-users] using XML-any

Ralph Lessmann ralph.lessmann at crossmatch.com
Fri Jan 18 05:39:38 EST 2019

Hello,

I need to serialize a xml::any element. The problem I'm facing is that I have a valid xml string, which can represent a complex xml. I need to copy this xml string inside the xml::any element.

Apparently if I create a custom serializer and add the element name for the any element (virtual void any( ::std::string& ns, ::std::string& name )) and then add the complex xml content as string like

    virtual void serialize_any()
    {
      this->_characters( _txt.c_str() );
    }

Upon serialization, the string gets quoted as string (e.g.: '<' will be "&lt;") and is not treated as xml. So this doesn't work.

Anyone who can suggest what to do?

Thanks in advance

Ralph