[xsde-users] using same TypeNames in different NameSpaces in inheritance chain

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Dec 12 10:15:32 EST 2018

Песоцкий Максим <aazmp at yandex.ru> writes:

> is it correct to have same type names (in different namespaces) for
> derived types? or maybe its incorrect to use TIEIN reuse style in
> that case?

While it should be correct on the schema level, as you have probably
realized by now, the mapping to C++ is fairly complex and there are
many corner cases. Generally, we recommend limiting XSD/e usage to
simple schemas. Things can get especially tricky with polymorphism.

In this particular case it could be a bug in XSD/e or you could
have wired something incorrectly. Unfortunately, I don't have the
bandwidth to debug this to any extend. One thing you may want to
try is switch to the mix-in reuse and see if that makes any
difference.