[xsde-users] Feature request: validate empty xs:base64binary element

Vrijnsen, Jeroen jeroen.vrijnsen at philips.com
Fri Feb 17 13:42:43 EST 2017

Hi Boris,

I think it's here: https://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#base64Binary, section Value space: "The *value space* of base64Binary is the set of finite-length sequences of zero or more binary octets."

Furthermore, it defines the following regular expression:
((([A-Za-z0-9+/] ?){4})*(([A-Za-z0-9+/] ?){3}[A-Za-z0-9+/]|([A-Za-z0-9+/] ?){2}[AEIMQUYcgkosw048] ?=|[A-Za-z0-9+/] ?[AQgw] ?= ?=))?

which also suggest empty is allowed. But maybe I misunderstand, as I assume you know the standard pretty well.

-Jeroen