[xsde-users] Using xsde in win32 to replace xsd

Moreira Andre Andre.Moreira at helvar.com
Thu Apr 2 04:14:50 EDT 2015

Hello,

The codebase of the app I am working on shares the same codebase with win32 and ARM applications that we are developing. In the win32 codebase we have been using xsd successfully for the last year, but we now want to be able to use xmls in the ARM platform as well and xsde is the way to go.

Obviously we would like to use xsde in win32 as well in order to reduce dependencies and keep the codebase as simple as possible. I was under the impression that xsde was an in place replacement for xsd without the dependencies, but all examples use pimp/pskel and simpl/sskel besides the usual generated files.

Is it possible for xsde to generate the files with parsing and serialization so that at least the created methods use the same signature?

On final note. I am building the library with the /MDd option and I "ported" the cxx\hybrid\hello  example to a VS2013 solution that was using /MD. This caused a crash in this line doc_p.parse(argv[1]);

As soon as I realized an set the correct build option It worked fine, but it was a pain to realize why. It might help someone in the future to know that they need to double-check build options if something "weird" happens.

Best regards

Andre Moreira
Software Engineer
[emailfooter]<http://www.helvar.com/>
[Description: Description: Description: Description: images]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/49103?trk=vsrp_companies_cluster_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1116583381416931026145%2CVSRPtargetId%3A49103%2CVSRPcmpt%3Acompanies_cluster> follow on LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/49103?trk=vsrp_companies_cluster_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1116583381416931026145%2CVSRPtargetId%3A49103%2CVSRPcmpt%3Acompanies_cluster> [Description: Description: Description: Description: twitter] <https://twitter.com/Helvar_UK>  follow on Twitter<https://twitter.com/Helvar_UK>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, forward or use any part of it or disclose its contents to any person.  If you have received it in error, please notify our system manager immediately on +44 (0)1322 617200.  This email and any automatic copies should be deleted after you have contacted the system manager.  Except where this email is sent in the usual course of our business, the views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not those of Helvar Limited.

This communication is from Helvar Limited.  Helvar Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number 01478926.  Helvar Limited accepts no responsibility for software viruses, and you should check for viruses before opening any attachments.  Internet communications are not secure, and therefore Helvar Limited does not provide any guarantee or warranty that this message or any attachments shall remain confidential.  To ensure client service levels and business continuity, Helvar Limited operates a policy whereby emails can be read by its employees other than the addressee.  This policy complies with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice), (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.