[xsde-users] xsde crashes

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 15 01:05:32 EDT 2014

Hi Christian,

Christian Sell <christian at gsvitec.com> writes:

> I am trying to compile our schema using xsde-3.2.0-i686-windows, but the
> executable crashes after generating only the first 2 files.

I took a look and it has to do with the use of a more complex XML Schema
restriction case in your schema (TItem restricts TAbstractItem). Here
you restrict an attribute wildcard with specific attributes which XSD/e
cannot handle (the mapping expects to have restricted data members in
the base). Generally, XML Schema restriction is very hard to map to
C++ inheritance. As a result, to maintain simple and light-weight
object models we've decided not to support more advanced restriction
cases in XSD/e.

So, as a general guideline, if you want to use XSD/e, keep your use
of restriction to only simple and straightforward cases. In your
particular situation, maybe changing restriction to extension will
make sense.