[xsde-users] invalid #include statements in generated code

Christian Sell christian at gsvitec.com
Sat Nov 8 06:21:48 EST 2014

Hello,

we have a model that consists of 4 schema files, with the following dependencies

viewmodel.xsd
  |---------import---------->  vmf.xsd
  |                                              |
  |                                            import
  |                                              |
  |---------import----------> amf.xsd

odb.xsd-------import-----------|

vmf references a type from amf which is extended in odb, using a substitution
group.

now when I generate the C++ code with the following call:

xsde cxx-hybrid --output-dir gen --generate-parser --generate-aggregate
--generate-polymorphic --generate-serializer --no-long-long schema/viewmodel.xsd
schema/vmf.xsd schema/amf.xsd schema/odb.xsd

I get code that has include statements of the following form

#include "schema/odb_xx.h"

These include statements are wrong, because all generated code resides in the
same subdirectory, namely gen. They  also only occur for the odb schema; all
other includes are OK. After removing the obsolete "schema/" path from the
statements, the code compiles and works.

What is going wrong?

thanks,
Christian