[xsde-users] libxsde.a - undefined reference to 'std::ios_base::Init::Init()

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Feb 6 12:11:35 EST 2014

Hi Kevin,

Kevin Drake <kdrake3 at oswego.edu> writes:

> Do you have any other suggestions I can try? Are there any additional
> options to try with how I built the runtime libxsde.a library?

There are two things that you can try:

1. Try to compile and link a hello world application (that uses iostream)
   manually by invoking your g++ cross-compiler. If that works, then
   add the -v option to the linker step and see what libraries are
   being linked and in what order (libxsde.a should come right after
   your object files).

2. If #1 doesn't work (i.e., you get the same link errors), then it
   most likely means that libstdc++ for your target were built with
   iostream support disabled. In this case, you will also need to
   disable it in XSD/e (see the XSDE_IOSTREAM config.make variable
   and the --no-iostream compiler option).