[xsde-users] custom binary encoding

Jim Dattolo jdattolo at dekaresearch.com
Mon Dec 29 20:35:16 EST 2014

Resending as I didn't see the post make it to the list...

I'm currently in the custom binary example code and I am a little confused about something.  I want to encode my classes down to binary, however I want to strip off the attributes.  We use attributes to give hints to various pieces of code on how to manage special cases (python through pyxb and java through JAXB), in every case they are set to default values and never change.  An example would be flags to give hints to the UI as to what color to display the data in, or to set the command priority for use in later queues.   The current binary protocol (which cannot be changed) doesn't allow for transport of the attributes as both sides already agree what they will be for the various docs, default values in the XSD which both sides compile into their own language.   I see the code generated by the compiler adds in support to stream out and in  the attributes.  I really don't want to have to write script to alter the compiler output to remove the lines of code that were generated to do this.  Is there any way to filter them out or add an option to the compiler to ignore attributes?  I see a lot of source for using the results of xsde, just not the source for the compiler itself?   Any pointers to start down this path?   Also I need to change the endian order for the binary for all datatypes.  Not all data types are setup in the raw stream code, is it as simple as overriding for all of the missing data types and changing the stream type to little endian?

-Jim

This e-mail and the information, including any attachments it contains, are intended to be a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

Thank you.