[xsde-users] Enhancement request: support default property

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Dec 8 06:53:46 EST 2014

Hi David,

Reynolds, David <dpreynolds at srcinc.com> writes:

> Right now, the default property is ignored when the code is generated.
> It would be convenient to have the variable initialized with the default
> value (if supplied) at construction time. For example:
>
>     <xsd:complexType name="LinkSettings">
>         <xsd:sequence>
>             <xsd:element name="Mode" type="xsd:unsignedShort" default="3"/>
>         </xsd:sequence>
>     </xsd:complexType>

I've added this to the TODO list, thanks for the suggestion. Note,
however, that XSD/e won't be able to do this always. For example, if
the element type is std::string and you have exceptions disables, then
there is no way to initialize the default value in the constructor (no
way to report the allocation error).