[xsde-users] Recursive nesting

Animuj Michal mkanimuj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 21:37:25 EDT 2014

Hi,

I love using xsde but I stumbled upon one issue.

Recursive nesting used along side polymorphism doesn't work for me.

*Resources:*
XSD: https://gist.github.com/michax/56161aac7882ef82f549
XML: https://gist.github.com/michax/a367e082c7285abe625e

Above configuration generates/compiles/validates without any issues. But
when I iterate
through elements, all iterators have null(0x000000) pointers.

It only happens when I have nested elements of the same type ie:

<VGroup id="content">
 <VGroup id="vgL1">
            <Button id="btnL1"/>
            <VGroup id="vgL2">
                <Button id="btnL2"/>
            </VGroup>
</VGroup>
</VGroup>

If "content" will contain anything other then vgroup, everything works ok.
If in xsd I move nested sequence from Container type to VGroup/HGroup it
also works.

*Additional info*:
Screenshot from debugger:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25801721/debugger_xsde.jpg