[xsde-users] Bug report

kai jiang jaky000000 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 05:07:55 EDT 2013

Dear Mr. / Mrs,

my name is Kai Jiang, I am a student in TU munich. Recently I try to use
your xsde library to parse  and serilize my xml file. The xsde lib is
really a great work, it's very fast and easy to use. However, I have just
got an error when I parse my xml file.

The error happens when I parse the XML file with xsde library. For example,
if I parse the "E01_error_384340_25.xml"-file (under "testXMLfile" folder
in the zip file), the error message is as follows:

"Could not parse file: invalid double value:schema error:384340:25"

The content at rows 384340, column 25 of the XML file is as follows:

"<valueD>-1</valueD>"

If I change the value "-1" to "-1.0" or "1", then the program works fine.

The same content ("<valueD>-1</valueD>") also appears at row 628, and there
is no error at this position.

I have tested the program on Windows 7 and QNX 6.5 system, the error
happens the same.

The test program (as eclipse project) and test xml files are included in
the zip file, to compile the test program, please include the  local xsde
header files and libraries in the includes- and library-path of your
project.

I have tried to debug and review the source code of xsde lib for several
days, but I still could not find the reason. May I ask, if you have time,
could you try the test porgram to see if it is problem in the lib.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,

Kai Jiang