[xsde-users] XSD/e Segment Fault RHEL 6 64-bit Release Mode Only

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed May 23 12:03:31 EDT 2012

Hi Bob,

Bob O'Neil <boneil at cinci.rr.com> writes:

> A segment fault is generated during the execution of my application on the
> RHEL 6 64-bit platform (version 6.2 and 6.3) in the release build only.
>
> I am interested in any guidance you can provide to solve this issue.
>
> 0    std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>
> >::~basic_string()   /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6  0    0x37dc89d4b6

This can generally indicate one of the following things:

1. The is a memory corruption bug in the application.

2. There is a bug in XSD/e.

3. There is a bug in the toolchain (e.g., in libstdc++) or some mis-
   configuration.

#1 is the most likely cause and the fact that the segfault happens in
basic_string's destructor points to this as well. The best way to track
such errors down is to run the program under valgrind. So I suggest that
you do that as your next step and see if there are any invalid reads or
writes, especially in the application code.