[xsde-users] XSDE parsing crashing under Release build

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu May 3 09:27:36 EDT 2012

Hi Matthias,

[CC'ed xsde-users back in.]

Matthias Maschek <matthias.maschek at uma.at> writes:

> I was able to create a small project creating the error in release mode.
> I hope, it is ok to send you the zip file.

Yes, thank you.

I took a look and managed to trace the problem down to the
_GLIBCXX_FULLY_DYNAMIC_STRING define that you have in your Makefile.
If I remove this define, then everything works fine in the release
mode.

The reason why this define causes problem is most likely because
the standard C++ library (libstdc++) that comes with your Linux
distribution is not built with this configuration parameter (see
the --enable-fully-dynamic-string libstdc++ configure option).

So you will either need to remove this define from your Makefile
(very simple fix) or you will need to compile and use a custom
libstdc++ build (more complex fix).