[xsde-users] Polymorphic data model and custom binary streams -- doe not seem to work right.

Nikita Visnevski nikita_visnevski at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:20:07 EDT 2012

Does xsde generate support for polymorphic data model loading and saving through binary representation?  I tried using the orawstream and irawstream classes supplied in the examples and they worked great until I tried to serialize a data model that came from a schema that contained polymorphic definitions.  The schema uses extensions to support polymorphism, and the generated xsde binding does not seem to accommodate for any polymorphism in the operator<<(orawstream& s, ...) definitions.  Consequently, I can parse xml files containing polymorphic data structures and serialize them to textual xml representation perfectly well, but the moment I try to do binary serialization, all the extended objects are simply ignored in the resulting binary output.

Is this something that has not yet been implemented by the xsde compiler, or am I missing something in the way I generate the binding?

Thanks

Nikita