[xsde-users] xsde xpath generation

Sia Jeffry Saputra ssaptura at sta.samsung.com
Tue Jan 31 13:35:24 EST 2012

Hi Boris,

Actually, I was talking about the other way around..
>From an existing object model, we want to select a node and then generate XPATH expression for that node.

Probably to clear things up, the scenario I was trying to solve is like below:

For example: both server and client have book schema.
1. Client has book data and corresponding data object called book object.
Example:
<book category="CHILDREN">
  <title lang="en">Harry Potter</title>
  <author>J K. Rowling</author>
  <year>2005</year>
  <price>29.99</price>
</book>
2. Client modified the book's object above. Let say year 2005 to 2010
3. The server has interface to access a particular node, so instead of replacing the whole book, we can use xpath to change particular node.
Like eg: request ("book/year", 2010);
4. So since the client side is working on the data object book.
It can change it with book.year = 2010 and then store it locally.
5. But to modify the server, I am just wondering is there any method to have something like giving the node as parameter and return the generated xpath query?
Something like: xpathquery = foo (book.year); which will return the "book/year" query so I can construct the request to server accordingly.

Thanks,

---
Jeff