[xsde-users] Version update question

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jan 20 12:32:33 EST 2012

Hi Anthony,

Farmer, Anthony <AFarmer at cantorgaming.com> writes:

> I'm editing some legacy Windows code that compiles with this
> version of XSDE:
>
> #define XSDE_STR_VERSION "2.1.0"
> #define XSDE_INT_VERSION 2010000L
>
> My goal is to build with this version of XSDE:
>
> #define XSDE_STR_VERSION "3.2.0"
> #define XSDE_INT_VERSION 3020000L
>
> I'm trying to be "minimally invasive" to the existing code, which
> means just replacing the XSDE source files and continuing to use
> the existing Visual Studio 2005 Project file. This approach is
> failing due to compilation issues that I've so far been unable
> to resolve.

I am pretty sure XSD/e 3.2.0 added some news files compared to
2.1.0. It will be a pain to figure out which additional files
you need to add.

A potentially better approach would be to make the nmakefiles
copy all the source files that need compiling for a specific
configuration of the runtime into a separate directory. Then
you can just delete the old files from the project and add the
new ones. We use this method to create the XCode project file
for iOS (see etc/ios/README) except there it is a GNU make
config file while you will probably need to come up with an
equivalent solution for nmake (see the "Toolchain" section in
config-xcode.make).

> The main error I'm getting is:
>       error C2039: 'stack' : is not a member of 'xsde::cxx::parser'
> Which is generated from this line of code:
>      ::xsde::cxx::parser::stack v_state_stack_;

Probably the xsde/cxx/stack.?xx files are not in the project?