[xsde-users] HOWTO: Compile libxsde.a for VxWorks 6.x using Workbench and diab compiler

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jan 10 10:39:23 EST 2012

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Haws <Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu> writes:

> To create the build targets, I ran a build with GNU from a console and
> went through it line by line.

Yes, that's what I suspected.

> I haven't had a chance to look at the XCode stuff, but does it take
> care of the fact that there are source files in expat that are not
> built, but included in other source files (i.e. are the files that
> are actually built the only ones copied - even better, copied after
> the preprocessor has run)?

Yes, it only copies .c and .cxx files that are actually need to be
compiled and linked for a particular configuration. The basic
sequence of steps when using this approach is as follows:

1. Run make in libxsde. This will create the config.h file and
   copy the source files that are need for this configuration to
   libxsde/src/

2. Add files in libxsde/src/ (and all its subdirectories) to your
   project.

3. Add libxsde/ to the include search path (i.e. -I option).

Instead of copying the files it is also possible to generate a list
of all the source files that should be compiled. We employ this
approach in the Android build (etc/android/) where it is used to
create a makefile variable containing the list of all the .c and
.cxx files.