[xsde-users] Errors compiling xmltok_impl.c in XCode4

Tom Laws tom at ntbti.com
Mon Feb 20 15:59:31 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Boris Kolpackov
<boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Tom Laws <tom at ntbti.com> writes:
>
>> I followed the instructions in the README for iOS and built the
>> libraries using make.
Yes sorry :)

> I think what you mean is that you have generated the src directory using
> make and then you are trying to create an XCode project to build libxsde.
> Right?
>

>> Once I created the XCode project I set all the options for paths and such
>> and tried to build and got the following errors in xmltok_impl.c:
>>
>> xsde-3.2.0-i686-macosx/libxsdee/libxsdee/xsde/c/expat/xmltok_impl.c:90:
>> error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before
>> 'scanComment'
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> When following the instructions, though, I cannot save the "libsxde"
>> dir when creating the project becuase it overwrites (as the
>> instructions say is okay, but ends up nuking src and xsde dirs).
>
> I guess this is a new "feature" in the later XCode versions.
>

>> So I have had to bring import the xsde dir and files as well as src.
>
> Ok, that's why you have the problem. You must not import the xsde
> directory, only src. The src directory contains all the source files
> that should be compiled for this configuration. The xsde directory
> contains all the source files, for all the configurations, as well
> as files that should not be compiled. xmltok_impl.c is one of those
> files that should never be compiled directly.
>
> If XCode cleans up everything under libxsde, try to temporarily move
> the xsde, src, etc., directories somewhere, create the project, move
> them back to libxsde, and then import the src directory only.
>
> Boris
That worked perfectly! Thank you for that. Once I created a new
project I copied in the entire libxsde dir into the project folder but
only imported the src dir to the XCode project. It built perfectly and
I was able to build the debug library. Haven't tried to use it yet but
that first step worked so thank you again.