[xsde-users] serialize error expected element not encountered

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Dec 13 02:23:10 EST 2012

Hi,

sant_oshi at indiatimes.com <sant_oshi at indiatimes.com> writes:

> I have  generated c++ code using xsde and when i serialize it get
> expected element not encountered exception. I want to get more debug
> information as to which element is not found what should it do?

Unfortunately this information is not easily available. For the next
release of XSD/e we are planning to improve this. For now, your best
option is to not catch the exception so that the application crashes.
Then, by examining the stack trace, you should be able to see where
in the generated code the exception was thrown. This will give you a
good idea which element is missing.