[xsde-users] No xml_schema::parser_exception thrown

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue May 31 13:41:31 EDT 2011

Hi Matthias,

Matthias Maschek <matthias.maschek at uma.at> writes:

> I have a problem with my parsing code. It's actally the same as the
> tutorial code. But some thing goes wrong (maybe I did something wrong in
> the XML) in all other codeblocks where i used XSDE until now i got an
> const xml_schema::parser_exception&. But in this case i get some other
> problem and he skips the the catch block. Only catching catch(...) helps.
>
> Any help what i am doing wrong? What other kind of exception can it
> throw? I am not aware of doing something fundamentally different then in
> my other code.

The parsing code itself can only throw exceptions that are derived from
xml_schema::parser_exception. Note that the serialization code throws
xml_schema::serialization_exception. There could also be other exceptions
that are thrown by code that the parsing/serialization code calls (e.g.,
iostream exceptions). So it is hard to say what's going on without
seeing the relevant code fragment. Also, on some versions of VC++ the
catch(...) block will also catch access violations.