[xsde-users] Segmentation fault for choice in large project

Adrian Garcea adrian.garcea at googlemail.com
Mon May 30 03:46:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am currently evaluating XSDe for a project. I get a very curious runtime
error.
When using a choice with elements of variable length in a big xml schema
(generating more than 115000 lines of code), I get a segmentation fault
while trying to parse a valid xml file. No parser exception is thrown, but
after evaluating the switch case for the choice, the code returns a
segmentation fault in the basic_string class.

If I reduce the schema to the relevant part, where the error occurs
(generating only about 25000 lines of code), I don't get any errors. Also if
I avoid the coice in the large schema, I also don't get any errors.

I use XSDe on QNX and have compiled the code using gcc 4.4.2 with the GNU
stdlib with exceptions.

I generate c++ code, using the following command-line options: xsde
cxx-hybrid --generate-parser --generate-serializer --generate-aggregate
--generate-detach --root-element-all *.xsd

Is this type of error familiar top you? What can be done to avoid it.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Adrian Garcea