AW: [xsde-users] memory management of variable-length elements?

Sebastian Friebe Sebastian.Friebe at xfab.com
Fri Jun 24 04:28:40 EDT 2011

Hi Ivan,

>> Is there any flag to generate delete functionality into the
>> destructors of such elements? Is there a better way to safely free the
>> memory allocated for the pointers, without using custom allocators?
>>

>There is no such flag because this is already what the generated code does.
>Just check generated destructors to see that they delete child elements.

That was, what I was expecting. But the destructors are empty. There is nothing done there.

  // XtdsTestBlock (variable-length)
  //
  class XtdsTestBlock ....

  XtdsTestBlock::
  ~XtdsTestBlock ()
  {
  }

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards,
Sebastian

SPAM and Virus prevention by Barracuda Network Solutions