[xsde-users] error "unable to open in read mode"

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jul 29 08:27:46 EDT 2011

Hi Rashi,

Rashi Jha <rashij at cybage.com> writes:

> I have made certain  improvements in getting the driver compile & build
> at my end.

You previous problem (missing x86_64 architecture in libxsde.a) was
most likely due to you trying to link a libxsde.a that was built for
an iOS simulator or device to a program that is a Mac OS X executable.
When you invoke c++ or g++ on the command line, they compile for Mac
OS X, not iOS.

> When I built the project in XCode(IDE), it ran successfully and printed
> the output in debugger as:
>
> [Session started at 2011-07-28 19:41:04 +0530.]
> In Driver Main
> Hello, sun!
> Hello, moon!
> Hello, world!
>
> But when I try to get the same output through terminal via below command,
> it gives me output as below:
>
> # Mac-mini:Build rashij$ ./Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCodeSynthesis.app/
> HelloCodeSynthesis ./Debug-iphonesimulator/HelloCodeSynthesis.app/hello.xml
>
>  dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/UIKit

It seems that the XCode iOS simulator binaries depend of shared libraries
that are not in the default library search path. I don't think Apple
supports running iOS simulator applications from the command line.

> Problem in my XSD generated C++ files:  When trying to create the
> driver.cxx file for my schema, I found that the parser aggregate
> classes were not being generated in implementation file.
>
> I am not able to find as to why are the aggregate classes not getting
> generated for my XSD's global elements.

The only global element that I see is defined in CDA.xsd. Have you
compiled that schema?