[xsde-users] Name conflict in generated serializer code

Anton Yabchinskiy arn at bestmx.ru
Mon Aug 22 08:36:43 EDT 2011

Hello. I am using XSDe to generate bindings for PSIA XML schemas
(http://www.psialliance.org). There is a complex type "ResourceDescription"
in Service.xsd (file is not so big, so it's attached). It has among others
"post" and "delete" elements. While "delete" is handled properly by
appending underscore to it, "post" interferes with the virtual post()
method defined in xsde::cxx::serializer::serializer_base, with compiler
complaining like this:

error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual const
psialliance_org::URLParameters&
psialliance_org::ResourceDescription_sskel::post()'
/tmp/xsde-3.2.0-i686-linux-gnu/libxsde/xsde/cxx/serializer/elements.hxx:64:
error: overriding 'virtual void
xsde::cxx::serializer::serializer_base::post()'

Seems like I have to post process the generated files (or pre process the
schema) with some kind of sed. Or maybe it is possible to add keywords to
keyword set of xsde tool? If there is no such possibility, maybe a command
line option for such thing should be added to xsde tool?