[xsde-users] xsde 3.2 with Xcode 4 and IOS 4.3

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 19 04:34:45 EDT 2011

Hi Benedikt,

Benedikt P <benedikt2011a at googlemail.com> writes:

> I am trying to use xsde 3.2 with Apples IOS 4.3 and Xcode 4 and I am running
> into serious problems. Has anybody used this configuration successfully yet?

Yes, I believe James Sutton (CC'ed) is using XSD/e with XCode 4 using
the native XCode project approach for building libxsde.

> After changing a lot of settings and trying, my project now runs in the
> simulator, but does not compile for the actual ipad (bad codegen, pointer
> diff in xsde ... global weak symbol vtable for xsde....).

If the errors look anything like this (remember to always show the exact
errors messages in the future):

ld: bad codegen, pointer diff in __ZN4xsde3cxx6parser10validating13integer_pskelC2Ev
to global weak symbol __ZTVN4xsde3cxx6parser10validating13integer_pskelE for architecture i386

Then James mentioned the solution:

> The answer is in 'Build Settings' for the libxsde project under
> 'LLVM GCC 4.2 Code Generation' set 'Symbols Hidden by Default'
> to 'Yes'.

Let us know if it works for you.