[xsde-users] deb/rpm package?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Apr 1 10:06:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

dv <dv7777 at gmail.com> writes:

> is a .deb package of XSD/e planned for the future? It seems a bit odd
> that XSD has packages for the major Linux distributions while XSD/e has
> not.

There was an attempt to create a Debian package for XSD/e. The problem
is that the runtime library configuration is very target-specific (some
need STL, others don't, some need C++ exceptions, others don't, etc.).
So it normally makes sense to get the source code for the runtime and
build a custom configuration rather than get a pre-built package.

But I guess for more general-purpose applications that use XSD/e a "max"
configuration (i.e., everything enabled) could make sense. So If you would
like to package XSD/e and upload it to the Debian repository, then that
would definitely be welcome.