[xsde-users] memory management of "variable length" elements

Ivan Le Lann ivan.lelann at free.fr
Wed Sep 29 10:21:29 EDT 2010

Hi Boris,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm building a response for a few points
you mentionned, but I do not want to rush it, so it will come later.

I've just spotted a new problem : xs:choice is mapped to a union.
And union members cannot have non-trivial copy constructor.
That seems to prevent any smart pointer under xs:choice.

I read that C++0x (at least) can handle this with some code,
but that will probably not help us for XSD/e platforms. :-)

Ivan.