[xsde-users] Cross-compilation libxsde for PPC under vxWorks

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 3 05:26:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

Jaws <jaws75 at tiscali.it> writes:

>    i resolved the issue related the compilation/link adding the option
>    -fno-rtti -O2.
>    Now I have a problem on the target. I have created an example that read an
>    xml file make the parsing and generate some messages.
>    Everithing works on Linux , but When I try to run on the target (PPC860
>    with vxWorks) from the command on the shell, I have received the following
>    error:
>
>    fp unavailable
>    Machine Status Register: 0x00009032
>    Data Access Register: 0xeeeeeeee
>    Condition Register: 0x42004024
>    Fp Control and Status Register: 0xeeeeeeee

Could it be that your target does not support floating point operations?
There are a few built-in XML Schema types that are mapped to types that
require this support. These types are: xs:float, xs:double, xs:decimal,
xs:time, xs:dateTime, and xs:duration. Can you check if your schema uses
any of these types?

Also, the stack trace you provided is not very helpful because the
program is compiled with optimization. Can you recompile everything
with -g instead of -O2 and show the resulting stack trace?