[xsde-users] Re: Build fails with socket references not resolved in XSDe v3.2.b1 but builds fine in V3.2

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Dec 1 10:33:36 EST 2010

Hi Terry,

O'Laughlin, Terry <Terry.O'Laughlin at ipc.com> writes:

> I'm perplexed. I get the following link errors when building with the beta
> version of 3.2b (whatever the latest version I've been using). But I move
> the build directory to build under V3.2, no problem, builds fine.

I assume you mean V3.1(.0) here instead of V3.2. I don't see why you should
get the link errors since XSD/e does not use any socket code, neither in
3.1.0 nor in 3.2.0.b1. The only thing I can think of is that you may have
added some libraries (like winsock) to the LIBS variable in config.nmake
for 3.1.0 but forgot to do the same for 3.2.0.b1. Can you show the linker
command line for the successful build under 3.1.0?