[xsde-users] Cross-compilation libxsde for PPC under vxWorks

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Apr 29 03:54:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

Jaws <jaws75 at tiscali.it> writes:

>    I am using gnu gcc 3.4.5 for ppc with the following option:
>         -U_BIG_ENDIAN -fno-common -mno-sdata -pipe -Wno-invalid-offsetof
>    -mcpu=860 -fno-branch-count-reg -ansi
>    building the runtime library and the application the following error are
>    reported by the linker:
>
>      _ZnwjPv undefined
>      _ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE undefined
>      _ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE undefined
>      _ZTVN10__cxxabiv121__vmi_class_type_infoE undefined

Looks like the runtime type information support is not available on this
target. Can you try to recompile the XSD/e runtime and your application
with the -fno-rtti and see if this helps?

You can do this by adding this option to the CXXFLAGS variable in your
config.make and then rebuilding the XSD/e runtime (make clean && make).
You will also need to use this option while compiling the generated code
and your application code.

Let us know how it goes.