[xsde-users] Would you please have a look at this exception

raferq raferq at 163.com
Thu Mar 26 03:35:55 EDT 2009

Hello,
    I met a problem when I using XSDe parsing following xml document:
    <subnet id="98345D87DC77AECB98DF362977">
     <sector id=""/>
     <sector id="A34131"/>
    </subnet>
    The schema is defined as:
    <xs:complexType name="subnetType">
     <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element name="sector" type="mi:sectorType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="64"/>
     </xs:sequence>
     <xs:attribute name="id" type="mi:hexBin104Type" use="required"/>
    </xs:complexType>

    <xs:complexType name="sectorType">
      <xs:attribute name="id" type="mi:hexBin24Type" use="required"/>
    </xs:complexType>

    <xs:simpleType name="hexBin104Type">
     <xs:restriction base="xs:hexBinary">
      <xs:length value="13" fixed="true"/>
     </xs:restriction>
    </xs:simpleType>

    <xs:simpleType name="hexBin24Type">
     <xs:restriction base="xs:hexBinary">
      <xs:length value="3" fixed="true"/>
    </xs:restriction>
   </xs:simpleType>

    The issue is that, when sector id is NULL, std::exception was threw out instead of xml::exception I supposed. I can't get any useful infomation from this exception. Seems the XSDe will not check the length of hexBinary I defined in the schema which could be checked in my own code when setting values, my question is how can I check if the hexBinary is NULL before std::exception was threw out?
    Thanks so much!
                                                                                   Lei, Qiu