[xsde-users] Help me Windows XP validation libraries requirements

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Dec 17 02:53:14 EST 2009

Hi Erik,

Koster, Erik de <E.de.Koster at dutchspace.nl> writes:

> For our customer it is important to have detailed knowledge on the
> libraries that are required to run an application that uses the XSD/e
> parser generated from our XML Schemas. Can you provide the list of run
> time libraries (and if possible the DLLs required)?

The XSD/e runtime and generated code do not depend on any external
libraries except for the C and C++ runtime libraries which every
C++ program would depend on.

With VC++ you can select whether to use the DLL versions of these
runtime libraries or to link them statically with the /M* options:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2kzt1wy3(VS.71).aspx

For example, if you are using VC++ 2005 (8.0) and compile the XSD/e
runtime library, generated code, and your application code with the
/MD option, then your application will depend on MSVCR80.DLL (C
runtime) and MSVCP80.DLL (C++ runtime). On the other hand, if you
use the /MT option, then these libraries will be linked statically
into the resulting executable.

If you decide to use the DLL versions of these runtime libraries,
then Microsoft provides redistributable packages that contain the
libraries for various versions of VC++:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en