[xsde-users] Re: Error during serialization of the character 'ü'

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Dec 16 06:08:57 EST 2009

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Frenzel (TomSun) <tftomsun at streamteam.de> writes:

> Does this mean, i would not have the problem if i build my project
> without the UNICODE preprocessor command? Or if i build my project
> with UNICODE would it work if i convert the string to multibyte
> format using the win api function wcstombs?

XSD/e doesn't know anything about the UNICODE macro, so it doesn't
matter, as far as the generated code is concerned, whether you define
this macro or not.

Windows wcstombs API does not support UTF-8. You will need to use
WideCharToMultiByte/MultiByteToWideChar with CP_UTF8 for that. Of
course, this API is Windows-specific and won't be portable.

> Yes, i just need support for the western european languages.

Ok, I will let you know when support for ISO-8859-1 is ready. It will
probably only be after Christmas, though.