[xsde-users] Help me get rid of std::type_info

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Dec 10 07:37:23 EST 2009

Hi,

Koster, Erik de <E.de.Koster at dutchspace.nl> writes:

> On the target platform we want to use XSD/E for the std::type_info is
> not available for casting. Can the XSD/e parser (non validating) be
> commanded to not use this class?

Just a heads up in you case anyone else is experiencing this problem:

I have done some investigating and it appears that while the code in
XSD/e does not use type_info directly, the type information generated
by the g++ compiler does depend on this symbol. I was able to resolve
this issue by compiling the XSD/e runtime, the generated code, and the
application code with the -fno-rtti option to disable generation of RTTI.

You can try this by adding this option to the CXXFLAGS variable in your
config.make and then rebuilding the XSD/e runtime (make clean && make).
You will also need to use this option while compiling the generated code
and your application code, unless you are already doing this.