[xsde-users] XSD or XSD/e?

Duncan.Perrett at elekta.com Duncan.Perrett at elekta.com
Tue Aug 18 08:58:54 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have an XML document which I want to serialize so that class methods can
get and set the XML elements as normal class attributes.

I will be using gcc cross compiler (on Redhat EL5) for LynxOS-SE RTOS
target environment.

My colleague did a bit of investigation and concluded ...

"The code generated by the CodeSynthesis compiler is the complete code
needed in order to serialize objects based on the defined schema.  XSD/e
is aimed at embedded applications, using its own library, whilst XSD
relies on XML parsers provided by other libraries.  For object
serialization, this library choice is restricted to Xerces.  On closer
examiniation, there appears to be no means of serializing an XML document
into a class with CodeSynthesis XSD/e; code is only generated for
serializing object data to file.  CodeSynthesis XSD, however could be used
to generate XML data of the required form".

Is this true?
I notice that XSD/e supports LynxOS but does XSD?

Thanks,

Duncan