[xsde-users] Newbie - How to traverse my data structures?

Mark Easton mark63 at azurebell.co.nz
Mon Sep 22 23:23:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have started on using xsde today and am struggling a little. My problem is
quite basic I think, so I just need a stear in the right direction.

I have a site and that site has many areas.

What I cant understand is if I do an area_next() in my site_simpl class, how
my area_simple class knows what area record to refer to??

ie I have

xml_schema::int_simpl int_s;
xml_schema::string_simpl string_s;

area_simpl area_s;
site_simpl site_s;

site_s.area_serializer (area_s);
area_s.serializers(int_s, string_s);

xml_document_simpl doc_s(site_s, "site");
std::ostringstream os;

site_s.pre();
doc_s.serialize(os);
site_s.post();

So when in site_simpl I do an area_next(), how does area_simple know which
area record to refer to??

TIA
Mark