[xsde-users] Using Type Mapping?

Robert Hammond RobertH at microsol.ie
Wed Sep 10 11:00:45 EDT 2008

Hi, I am trying to work my way through the "people" example to understand how the Type maps work properly.

My assumption after reading the manual is that if I wanted to include my own type which was not in the schema file, that I could define it in a hxx file, include this and the parser would build the skeleton code for that type.
Have I got this right?
I notice in the example that the "gender" type is already specified in the Schema and then defined as an enum in the hxx file which is included from the map file.
I am very new to using xml and the Xsde Parser so I may have made a wrong assumption here.

Is there any way you could please clarify this?

>> from Manual

"The first line indicates that the generated code must include people.hxx in order to get the
definition for the gender type. The second line specifies that both argument and return types for
the gender XML Schema type should be the ::gender C++ enum (we use fully-qualified
C++ names to avoid name clashes)."

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message.
This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Microsol.

If you have received this mail in error you are requested to e-mail us (info at microsol.ie) or by telephoning Microsol on +353 14153700.

Please Visit our website at
http://www.microsol.com