[xsde-users] XSD/e for mixed type applications

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu May 22 04:20:52 EDT 2008

Hi Clizio,

Clizio Merli <clizio at clizio.com> writes:

> I have decide to use XSD/e for writing applications handling document
> workflows defined through xml schemas.
> In this concern I need to develop applications able to read input xml
> files, complete their contents in some elements e rewrite updated xml
> files.
> Which technique should I use for this?

You can use the Embedded C++/Parser mapping to parse your XML and
construct an object model. You can then modify the object mode in
your application and use the Embedded C++/Serializer mapping to
write it back to XML. For introductions to these mappings refer to
the getting started guides:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsde/documentation/cxx/parser/guide/

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsde/documentation/cxx/serializer/guide/